This dish really does need you to do your maths first about volumes, dimensions, number of sheets of pasta etc.
I don’t need to tell you how to make lasagne, but to feed six, I used…
- 600mL Béchamel Sauce
- 1.6L ragù (meat and tomato sauce)
- 375g dried lasagne sheets (more in reserve)
- 250g Parmesan
- 200g gorgonzola
…which came to the top of a 22cm x 30cm x 5cm baking dish.
Some things to note…
- I start with a layer of ragù on the bottom, then pasta, then béchamel – it’s much easier to spread the béchamel over pasta than it is over meat sauce
- I finish with a layer of pasta, topped with either béchamel or ragù
- allow the pasta sheets to overlap by about half an inch, as they will glue themselves together
- never finish with a layer of pasta on top, as it will curl up and escape
- I chopped up the gorgonzola and snuck it underneath the top layer of pasta
- put about half the Parmesan on top about 10 minutes before the end, so it melts, rather than cooks, separates and goes horrible (the other half is for the table)
No photos, sorry. Too busy cooking and eating.