Tomorrow night’s dinner is now entirely prepared:
- we start with antipasti – some salami, prosciutto, olives, &c. – all of which simply get turfed out of the containers in which they were purchased
- the slow lamb and pommes boulangères are sitting in the fridge and will simply be put in the oven the moment I get home from work
- a hermetically sealed bag of pre-prepped spinach will be steamed just before mains are dished
- tinned baby figs will be served with mascarpone for pudding
- some port and stilton seems unseasonal but it’s TOO DARNED COLD not to seek solace in these trusted things.